Vacation time is precious — many people save money throughout the year to take a trip that will hopefully satisfy their wanderlust and tick some items off the bucket list. So, nothing feels worse than when the reality of your destination is a huge drop-off from your fantasy.
Perhaps you fell for the hype or didn’t do enough research, but after laying down your hard-earned cash to see disappointing tourist attractions, you have every right to feel a little peeved.
Save yourself the sour grapes by avoiding the most overrated tourist attractions. GoBankingRates.com calls out 14 tourist traps that you should skip.
Their overrated list includes:
1. Stonehenge — Stonehenge, England
2. Blarney Stone — County Cork, Ireland
3. Empire State Building — New York City
4. Times Square — New York City
5. ‘Mona Lisa’ — Paris
6. Trevi Fountain — Rome
7. Pyramids of Giza — Cairo, Egypt
8. The Alamo — San Antonio
9. The Leaning Tower of Pisa — Pisa, Italy
10. Hobbiton — Hamilton, New Zealand
11. Sydney Fish Market — Sydney
12. Hollywood Walk of Fame — Los Angeles
13. Cancun — Mexico
14. Big Ben — London
GoBankingRates.com also have a list of 20 sites that are actually worth it your time and money.
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/advice/2019/07/19/14-tourist-traps-you-should-skip-stonehenge-pisa-times-square/1776963001/